Skip to content
- INCREASE the seed stock of ancient/heirloom grains; determine which varieties thrive in our region; share cultural data and seeds with local farmers.
- ENGAGE in outreach and education to create awareness of and demand for locally grown grains.
- DEMONSTRATE the viability and marketability of a large variety of grains and pseudo grains in northern New Mexico.
- SUPPORT northern New Mexico’s culture of small family farms and our rural economy.
- ENCOURAGE regenerative agriculture practices by including winter-grown grains into crop rotation.
- CREATE an appetite for breads and foodstuffs made with heritage grains and flours through demonstration and recipes.
- CONNECT farmers, artisan bakers, brewers, malters, and millers around a dynamic heritage grain network.